KEEP IN TOUCH
07 3105 7800
Level 4, 348 Edward Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
Cooktown is a Tropical Coastal town in Far North Queensland. Service town for Cape York Peninsula.
Cooktown has a population of around 4,000 in the area. The main industries in the Cook Shire are Tourism, fishing, and Farming.
The main employers in Cooktown are the council, health services and hospitality.
Group Practice with mixed billing
Monday to Friday 8:30 am - 5 pm
Saturday 8:30 am - 11 am
Home visits are available at the doctors discretion for regular patients of the practice who are unable to attend the surgery due to their medical condition.
Provided by Cooktown MPHS
To provide competent patient-centred care that addresses health needs and promotes wellness. Such care is based on latest evidence and guidelines and meets legislative requirements.
To provide good clinical care:
* Providing skilled health assessment, diagnosis and treatment services to patients.
* Ordering diagnostic tests as needed and checking and informing patients of results in accordance with the practice's procedure.
* Referring patients appropriately to other providers if their needs exceed the range of care you are able to provide.
* Consulting and collaborating with colleagues to provide optimal care.
To maintain good medical practice:
* Maintaining professional knowledge and standards through continuing medical education and personal professional development.
* Having a working knowledge of legislation and standards of general practice.
* Maintaining a current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certificate.
* Practicing medicine in a way that reflects the company's values and mission.
Maintaining trust (professional relationships with patients)
* Providing services courteously and respectfully, with regard to the cultural beliefs and needs of patients.
* Responding openly and following up complaints or feedback.
Working collaboratively with colleagues
* Collaborating with regards to rosters and providing cover to ensure patients' needs are met.
* Working constructively and harmoniously with all staff to ensure patients receive optimal care.
* Involvement in practice accreditation activities.
* Participating in centre-based audits and activities.
Maintaining integrity in professional practice
* Charging for consultations in accordance with the practice's policy.
* Declaring vested interests in services to which you may refer patients.
* Returning telephone calls in a timely manner.
* Reporting 'events' or untoward incidents in accordance with professional obligations and practice policy.
Develop and maintain relationships with:
* Other general practitioners and associates
Expected behaviors and personal attributes
* Demonstrate a knowledge of and compliance with all relevant legislation and common law obligations.
* Discharge of duty of care in the course of practice including meeting practice standards, and accountability..
* Demonstrate patient-focused approach in service provision with genuine empathy and interest in their needs.
* Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding patient and practice information..
* Demonstrate an ability to work cooperatively and independently, and the ability to prioritize and organise.
* Demonstrate commitment to ongoing professional development.
Education and Qualifications
* Registration as a medical practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia.
* Current medical indemnity insurance.
* Current Driver's Licence.
iF you are interested in this position please click on the link below.
Job ID 2132
ollowing successful placement eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives.
This position may also be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development. For more information on scholarships and bursaries please click here.