This organisation is an Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander community controlled organisation currently seeking a VR General Practitioner within our Health Services division. This health service delivers a comprehensive primary health care service for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people of the Gold Coast & surrounding communities.
They are committed to providing holistic health care to improve the health and well-being of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the Gold Coast & surrounding communities. The organisation has clinics located at Bilinga, Miami, Coomera and a fever clinic at Nerang.
As the VR General Practitioner you will be responsible for providing quality clinical services to the community whilst contributing leadership to overall quality of clinical services. You will play an integral role in ensuring clinical care is in line with national standards and fostering a culture focused on providing comprehensive patient focused service.
- Provide quality clinical services to our clients in line with best practice standards
- Oversee and implementation and ongoing review and revision of a comprehensive clinical governance framework for the service
- Demonstrate commitment to the process of continuous quality improvement as an integrated aspect of service development and delivery
- Liaising with Clinical Nurse and/or Aboriginal Health Worker to ensure the clients experience is seamless
- Strong knowledge and ability to optimise referral pathways to specialist and allied health services for clients
- Work closely with the Practice Manager and service team to anticipate and identify opportunities for expanding access to these services for clients
Desirable, but not mandatory:
- Vocational Registration
- Unconditional AHPRA registration
- Respectful and inclusive leadership approach
- Sound understanding of systems and processes required to sustain a high standard of clinical quality and safety
- Committed to the principles and practice of Aboriginal Community Control, and to improving the long term health and well-being of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families & communities
- Effective communication skills - written, verbal and interpersonal
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work autonomously, as a team player and as a leader
- Previous experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and /or communities
What Can We Offer
As an employer, this organisation values the contributions of all staff and is committed to providing an inclusive workplace where all staff feel accepted, included and welcomed.
Our Employees enjoy a variety of benefits including:
- Competitive salary plus salary sacrifice of $15 000 per annum
- Company that is focused on improving the health and wellbeing of our community
- Supportive team based culture
Please submit an resume and covering letter.
Please apply via the 'Apply Now' button on this page.