Mackay is in a Remote, Regional area in Far North Queensland embracing a relaxed tropical lifestyle and is a gateway to the Great Barrier Reef. The region offers an incredible diversity of locations and lifestyle from beaches, Islands, hinterlands, Rain Forests Mountains and lowlands - inner-city and everything in-between.
Economic diversity and a progressive community attitude towards development could make the Mackay & Whitsunday region one of the most rewarding remote areas in Queensland to live, work and enjoy a tropical lifestyle.
Covering an area of up to 90,000 Square Kilometers the region the region is home to nearly 125,000 people from very different cultural backgrounds being home to a large number of immigrants from many continents including Africa, Europe, Asia, North and South America. There are a variety of private and public schools and quality residential areas, university courses are run locally in the 2 campuses of the famous Universities:-
1-James Cook University and
2-Central Queensland University-
This allows some subjects and courses to be completed locally.
The practice keeps in close contact with the Primary Health Network, which provides an improved range of Allied Health Services for the people of Mackay and the District and directly to the Practice -regular professional development programs.
The Practice is in an RA2 zone
The practice is a friendly, well equipped, AGPAL accredited, computerized, paperless practice. It is a private mixed-billing practice.
RN support is provided by 3 experienced nurses. Plaza Medical is a 6 GP surgery that is also a teaching surgery for medical students and GP registrars.
The practice has been established since 1986 and is conveniently located close to the Mater Private Hospital, Specialist Rooms, Mackay Discount Drug Store, Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology Centre, QLD X-Ray, Mackay Radiology & Q-Scan (for Ultrasound & MRI Facilities) - with full reception staff, modern facility and fully computerised. Patient types seen here cover mixed demographic, tourists, elderly, the young and local families.
Services that we offer here include all aspects of Family Medicine to include but not limited to:-
- Fitness to work medicals
- Drivers Medicals
- Drug and alcohol testing ( Instant or Laborotary)
- Spirometery-( Lung Function Test)
- Audiometry ( Hearing Test)
- Vision tests, colour vision
- Workcover assessments and injury management
- Coal Board & Mine Medicals
- Moles & Skin Cancer Checks & Surgery
- Well Women Check ups
- Well men Check ups
- Stress Management- by GPs
- Electrocardiograms, Spirometry
- Acupuncture- by some of our Doctors
- Health Checks for all ages
- -Chronic Disease Management
- Insurance Medicals
- Childhood Immunisation & Paediatric care
- Adult Immunisation, including Flu vaccinations
- Travel Medicine, advice & Immunisation
- Pre -Employment Medicals
Currently there is no Obligation for After Hours cover as there is a Service offered at the Mater Private Hospital Next Door run by another Company.
We are looking for a dedicated VR or Non-VR - Full-time or Part time General Practitioner.
Qualification: Doctor to be Registered with AHPRA and needs minimum 2 yrs experience".
Renumeration: - For the 1st Three Months $150.00/ Hr or 65% of Billing whichever is higher.
- The successful candidate should be able:
To provide competent patient-centred care that addresses health needs and promotes
wellness. Such care is based on latest evidence and guidelines, and meets legislative
They must also have the following attributes:-
1. To provide good clinical care:
* Providing skilled health assessment, diagnosis and treatment services to patients
* Ordering diagnostic tests as needed, checking and informing patients of results as per clinics procedure.
* Referring patients appropriately to other providers if their needs exceed the range of care you are able to provide.
* Consulting and collaborating with colleagues to provide optimal care.
* Documenting all care provided and education/information given to patients within their health record, as per clinics procedure.
2. To maintain good medical practice:
* Maintaining professional knowledge and standards through continuing medical education and personal professional development.
* Having a working knowledge of legislation and standards of General Practice.
* Maintaining a current resuscitation certificate.
* Practicing medicine in a way that reflects the company's values and mission.
3. Maintaining trust (professional relationships with patients)
* Providing services courteously and respectfully, with regard to the cultural beliefs and needs of patients
* Responding openly and following up complaints or feedback.
4. Working collaboratively with colleagues
5. Collaborating in regard to rosters and providing cover to ensure patients' needs are met.
* Working constructively and harmoniously with all staff to ensure patients receive optimal care.
* Involvement in practice accreditation activities
* Participating in centre-based audits and activities
6. Maintaining integrity in professional practice
* Charging for consultations in line with the clinics policy.
* Declare vested interests in services that you may be referring to
* Returning phone calls in timely manner
* Completing documents ie medical reports in a timely manner
* Clearing in-tray daily and delegating this task if absent
* Participating in centre-based audits
* Demonstrating a working knowledge of company policy with regard to clinical practice as described in company manuals.
* Reporting "events" or untoward incidents as per professional standards and clinics policy.
* Using the computer effectively ie. Recall systems, data input.
* Keeping up to date with new item numbers, SIP's and incentive payments.
* Ensuring immunisation status is kept up to date.
7. Develop and maintain relationships with:
* Other Doctors & Associates
* The Practice Manager
* The Nurse Manager and other Nurses
* The Office Manager and reception staff
* Community and secondary service providers
* Local Hospitals, Nursing Homes and Hostels
Expected behaviours and personal attributes
* Demonstrate a knowledge of and compliance with all relevant legislation and common law obligations.
* Discharge of duty of care in the course of practice including meeting practice standards, and accountability.
* Demonstrate knowledge of policies and procedural guidelines that have legal implications, for example, ensure documentation conforms to legal requirements.
* Identify and respond to unsafe practice, for example, implement interventions to prevent unsafe practice and/or contravention of law.
* Demonstrated patient-focused approach in service provision with genuine empathy and interest in their needs.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across all ages and social groups.
* Be always well-presented, friendly, courteous and obliging. Represent the practice in a confident and positive manner at all times.
* Undertake all duties in a diligent manner, with honesty and integrity,
* Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding patient and practice information.
* Have a vigilant attitude to accuracy, being prepared to double check as necessary.
* Ability to work cooperatively and independently. & ability to prioritise and organise, with attention to detail.
* Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Registration as a medical practitioner with Medical Board of Australia
- Current Medical Indemnity
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.