KEEP IN TOUCH
07 3105 7800
Level 4, 348 Edward Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
Town Information: Innisfail Far North QLD
Innisfail is the Cassowary Coast's largest town, with a population of approximately 10,000. The township is picturesquely situated at the junction of the North and South Johnstone Rivers, approximately five kilometres from the coast. Innisfail is 90km from Cairns (an hour's drive) along the Bruce Highway, making it easily accessible by car, bus or train.
Townsville is a three- and half-hour drive south and the Great Barrier Reef is only a half hour boat ride. There are plenty of tourist attractions within driving distance for day trips.
Aboriginal community-controlled health organisation owned and managed by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. It provides culturally appropriate and comprehensive primary health care services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Innisfail.
Delivering Primary Health Care service to the Aboriginal & Torres Strait islander people.
We Bulk bill only
Hours of work - 8.30 to 5.00 pm only with no weekends required
After Hours requirements:
The Position: Health Worker
The Health Worker is responsible for the delivery of culturally appropriate and comprehensive primary health care to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. The position undertakes clinical duties relating to client screening, assessment, observation, education and follow up, as well as health promotion and community engagement and administrative duties.
* Well-developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and non-Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
* Understanding of the unique issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the region
* Exceptional customer service skills and a commitment to understanding customer needs
* Ability to work as an effective team member and make strong contributions towards organizational and team objectives
* Well-developed organisational skills, including the ability to manage own work and meet deadlines
Qualifications & Experience
Knowledge, Skills & Personal Attributes
Position description available on request.
To apply for this position please provide a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your CV.
Following successful placement eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives.