Work in a new 2 storey building, state of art clinical equipment, professional team envrionment. Central to shopping centre, up to date technology. Computerised Medical data bases. This is an AGPAL and ISO Accredited Practice.
Be part of a multi-dimensional profession and friendly team that works with an inspirational Primary Health Care model.
This is a large Health Service with a general clinic, with linkages to Wellbeing and Family Support Services. The Practice has a strong focus on Primary Health Care and Chronic Disease prevention.
Mareeba is located in the Tablelands region and has diverse landscapes including world heritage rainforests, crater lakes and a variety of rural and agricultural farming. Located in Far North Queensland, west of Port Douglas and 45 minutes from Cairns, This location offers friendly country hospitality and a range of experiences with primary and high schools in the area.
This position is responsible for the provision of medical services to the community in the maintenance and promotion of health care. This position will provide comprehensive and holistic healthcare to individuals that present to our service through compliance with RACGP standards and Mulungu policies and procedures.
The position provides support within the structure of Mulungu Aboriginal Corporation Primary Health Care Service by addressing the health needs of individual community members and the community as a whole.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide culturally appropriate medical / health care to meet the needs of the community including centre consultations and home visits.
- Maintain professional standards of practice in the delivery of safe patient care.
- Liaise with community members and organisations to provide comprehensive primary health care and to support and encourage community participation and involvement in the promotion and maintenance of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people's health.
- Supervise, teach and assess GP Registrars, PGPPP's and students on placement.
- Contribute to the education of Health Workers in clinical procedures for treatment of patients.
- Provide internal and external referrals for ongoing follow-up and care and management of patient through internal and external pathways.
- Actively participate and/or conduct patient case conferences with appropriate staff and other organisations where required.
- Actively coordinate and optimise Primary Health Care through the delivery of culturally appropriate education and timely treatment.
- Prepare reports and legal summaries and correspondence for government departments e.g. Workcover, Housing Queensland, Centrelink, Families, Youth and Community Care Queensland, Rehabilitation Australia, when required.
- Actively participate in Quality Improvement processes and to maintain RACGP standards to improve patient and centre outcomes.
- Collect, collate and report on data as required by the Senior Medical Officer and Practice Manager.
- Comply with contemporary Human Resource Management issues including Workplace Health and Safety, Equal Employment Opportunity and Antidiscrimination as applied in the work environment.
- Evaluate own practice by participating in performance development processes.
- Contribute to Medical Centre's documentation review processes.
- Perform other duties associated with the position as directed by the Supervisor of the position or by the Health Services Manager.
The Medical Officer is accountable to:
- The Manager Health Services, the Senior Medical Officer for practice according to the philosophy, policies and goals of the Centre.
- The Practice Manager for compliance to meet a high standard of coordinated and structured work practices according to the philosophy, policies and goals of the Centre.
- The Senior Medical Officer and Clinical Team for effective communication and work relationships including shared work responsibilities.
Please apply via the 'Apply Now' button on this page.
Following successful placement, eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives. This position may also be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development.