A modern practice boasts 10 consulting rooms, a 2-bay treatment room and a nurse's room. The practice currently has 3 full time GP's, Practice Business Manager, 2 Registered Nurses and 5 supporting administrative staff as well as an on-site Counsellor. This large, well-appointed community practice offers a variety of services to patients and focuses on holistic patient care. They also host other visiting health professionals such as optometrists, psychologists, diabetes educators, allied health and free Legal Services. Pathology services are based on site. This practice is a private, mixed billing facility with a focus on community.
Considered a hidden gem among many of its residents, Blackwater is situated roughly 2 hours west of Rockhampton and approximately 45 minutes drive from Emerald. Set in the Central Highlands, Blackwater offers residents a slice of the country and rural living, with access to many amenities, including parks, fishing, camping, shopping and more.
The town also features two primary schools and a central high school, with a town school bus assisting with those busy drop-offs and pick-ups. Well connected to Emerald, those with students attending school in Emerald have the opportunity to ride the school bus into Emerald as well.
This practice is seeking applications from suitably qualified Registered Nurses to join a busy practice for an immediate start. Nurses who join this practice have the opportunity to use their existing skills as well as receive training in many other areas of nursing, including but not limited:
- Haemochromotosis Bleeds
- Iron Infusions
- Coal Board Medicals and Partial Reviews
- Driver License Medicals
- Drug and Alcohol testing
- Cosmetic nursing
Endorsed Enrolled Nurses also encouraged to apply.
After Hours: Hours for this role are generally between the hours of 8am and 5pm or as agreed. Travel to other clinics and locations may be required upon occasion and as the role is full-time, would suit an individual who is based locally or who is willing to relocate for the role.
Benefits and perks:
We offer a supportive team culture, on-going learning and development opportunities, additional perks and rewards as well as the opportunity to collaborate in a rural environment.
- Flexible Work Arrangements available
- Variety of clinical involvement in everyday modern general practice setting
- Great career development opportunities
- Supportive, team-based work environment
- Central town location
- Access to exclusive Perks app, offering multiple discounts and freebies
Qualifications and Experience:
- AHPRA Registration essential
- Authorisation to work in Australia
- Drivers Licence
- Previous General Practice experience is advantageous but not essential
- Previous experience with the Coal Mine Worker's Health Scheme, including Spirometry is advantageous but not essential
- Instant Drug and Alcohol Certification is also advantageous but not essential
- Current and up to date First Aid and CPR certifications, or willingness to obtain
- Willingness to learn
- Keen interest in rural medicine
- Willing to relocate (if applicable) and to commit to the role
Please apply via the 'Apply Now' button on this page.
Following successful placement, eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives. This position may also be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development.