The practice is fast becoming a valuable addition to Weipa and the surrounding communities in Cape York. We operate in various locations with a diverse range of people of all ages and backgrounds; meaning every day is different. We provide friendly, holistic and necessary allied health services to the community.
Capability Health acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of this country as well as their connection to culture, land and community. We are proudly located on Alnigth Country and respect the traditional Country of the communities we serve. We believe in treating everyone fairly. Inclusion, removing barriers, striving for equity and embracing diversity are woven throughout our values and behaviours.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Speech Pathology
- Drivers licence and ability to obtain QLD driver's license
- Current police record check and blue card or ability to obtain
- Current Speech Pathology Australia registration
- Demonstrated understanding of working with children with both mild delays and disabilities, particularly autism spectrum disorder
- Work within the organisation's vision, beliefs and policies to deliver high quality, skilled Speech Therapy services in line with accreditation frameworks
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of assessment protocols, and speech therapy intervention programs
- Confident in using different forms of technology such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Previous NDIS experience would highly commended including assessment protocols, NDIS frameworks and speech therapy intervention programs
- Strong clinical and non-clinical problem-solving skills
- A client centred approach that is both professional and empathetic
- The ability to work both independently and as part of our multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
**We are offering full-time positions, but we are open to a part-time positions for the right candidates. Our positions are for therapists with experience but we will consider new graduates who have demonstrated initiative.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities and are committed to providing a work environment that enables you to thrive, whatever your circumstances. If we can provide support with access requirements or alternative work arrangements please advise us via your applications.
New Graduates are welcome to apply - Supported Graduate program available.
How to Apply: Upload your current resume and a short cover letter about yourself, and why you'd be perfect for this position
Please apply via the 'Apply Now' button on this page.
Following successful placement, eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives. This position may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development.