Position: Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP)
Private Practice - Fraser Coast, QLD
Please submit applications immediately after reading this advertisement. The position will be filled with first suitable applicant.
A full time Exercise Physiology position is available on the Fraser Coast region. The Exercise Physiologist will operate from the head Hervey Bay office, a personalised Exercise Physiology studio, medical centres, gyms and pools as part of their role in Hervey Bay, Maryborough and surrounds. The successful applicant will be stepping into an existing full-time patient load and will be servicing medical centres and allied health facilities which have an established referral base.
If you enjoy a varied workload and thrive on meeting new people, an exciting opportunity exists for a motivated and enthusiastic Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP) like yourself, to become part of a proactive company. The successful applicant will be stepping into an existing patient load. New Graduates are welcome to apply however experience will be of value. A work schedule will be available for perusal for those applicants successful with reaching the interview round. You will be working collaboratively with our Dietitians along with other allied health and medical staff.
This company has provided dietetic/nutrition, exercise physiology and diabetes education services in Queensland for the past 10 years. Practitioners currently service more than 150 rural and metropolitan medical centers or facilities. The clinicians specialise in chronic disease management and prevention however they can assist in a wide variety of cases (e.g. sports performance, aged care consultation, work cover, public speaking, exercise group classes, musculoskeletal rehabilitation). The company's mission is to promote healthy lifestyles in the Australian population and to prevent and manage chronic disease through physical activity and nutrition.
- The position is full time.
- Suitable applicants will be contacted immediately to arrange an interview. Interviews will take place either at the office in Lowood, Brisbane, Toowoomba, Hervey Bay or via Skype interview for applicants who live more than 1.5hrs travelling distance from these locations.
- Accredited Exercise Physiologist through Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA)
- Practitioners are required to provide exercise physiology services to patients within medical centers, gyms, pools, the company's own exercise physiology studio and our central Hervey Bay office.
- The majority of cases will focus on the management and prevention of chronic disease and musculoskeletal disorders (diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, osteoporosis, weight loss, chronic pain management etc.)
- The role involves reporting to and meeting with the senior staff member for professional development purposes
- Locations of service in Hervey Bay, Maryborough and surrounds
- A long-term commitment of the applicant to the position and region is desirable
- Training will be provided to ensure you are well informed and ready to perform your best work within the role
Tasks of the Exercise Physiologist:
- Providing one-on-one consultation with the patient where you will offer evidence based exercise physiology advice and treatment in the areas of chronic disease prevention and management, health and fitness and musculoskeletal health
- Measuring and assessing the patients exercise history and fitness levels along with interpreting anthropometric data
- Facilitating and instructing community exercise classes where required
- Public speaking- presenting informative talks about a range of health topics on exercise/physical activity where required
- Be a likeable person who is able to provide a high quality level of Exercise Physiology service to ensure client retention
- Travelling to the required service delivery location (Medical Clinic or Gym or Pool) and arriving on time consistently and providing exemplary service to your clients
Benefits of working for this company:
- Existing patient load
- Job Security
- Ongoing professional support from senior staff
- Monthly team meetings
- Remuneration based on level of experience (Up to $85,000 per year)
- Financial relocation assistance
- Superannuation (9.5%)
- Variety of locations to explore and on the doorstep of Fraser Island
- An existing patient list that will keep you busy
- Systems, policies and procedures tried and tested and in place to ensure a fulfilling and supportive working environment
- Meeting a range of doctors and practice staff on a regular basis
- Having the ability to function independently with support of a full time administration team
If you would like to apply for this position please complete the following documents as soon as possible:
- Cover letter
Job ID AHHWQ 2469