This organisation has full time opportunities available for doctors with an interest in occupational medicine to join our clinic. This organisation holds the contract with Glencore, which involves running the medical centre at the minesite and the GP Superclinic in the town centre.
Affectionately known as the 'oasis of the outback', Mount Isa is located in North West Queensland, on the banks of the Leichhardt River and amongst the ochre-red Selwyn ranges. Not only is Mount Isa is the administrative, commercial and industrial centre for Queensland's North West, it is a vibrant, multicultural and family friendly city, and a land of opportunity for those seeking career, education, and outback lifestyle.
With over 50 years' experience in the industry, the facility is a Continuing Medical Education (CME) approved provider, giving our Doctors and staff opportunities to broaden their knowledge and to advance their career through regular training and development.
Work in all aspects of general practice and occupational health, including:
- Occupational health assessments
- General Practice
- Medical Assessments
- Acute injury treatment and management
- Health surveillance
- Occupational medical expert opinion
- Onsite Medical Services
- Travel Medicine
- Training and Education
- Health and Wellness
- Immunisation and Vaccinations
- Skin screening
- Minor surgical procedures
- High earning potential
- Housing subsidy and relocation assistance provided (FIFO arrangement will be considered)
- Private billing clinic services
- Opportunity to reduce 10 year moratorium
- Support from nursing, operations, administration, property and IT teams
Qualifications and Experience:
- Full Registration with AHPRA
- Postgraduate training in general practice
- Eligibility to access Medicare
- Ability to work unsupervised
- A caring and quality driven commitment to providing general practitioner health services.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College for General Practitioners (FRACGP) is desirable, however not essential.
Please apply via the 'Apply Now' button on this page.
Following successful placement, eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives. This position may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development.