This pharmacy is looking for a health inspired, motivated Pharmacist to join our team in Emerald. Their vision is to connect our community, improving health and inspiring wellbeing. Offering exceptional service, advice and product choice we empower and educate our team to be active in achieving our vision. They are focused on providing a high level of professional services and moving the pharmacy industry forward. The pharmacy regularly collaborate with leaders both within our industry and beyond to create an environment with a focus on continual improvement, leadership and mentoring.
They are committed to the development of the team and provide ongoing training opportunities for all members of the team. Passionate, driven employees are the key to our success and we pride ourselves on offering our team an inclusive and supportive environment where they can learn and develop as individuals.
- Advanced Pharmacy practice opportunities
- Opportunity for Career progression and partnership within the Direct Chemist Outlet/QVIC pharmacy network.
- Mentoring in all aspects of pharmacy management from the experienced working partner and managers.
- Strong focus on training with funds contributed towards further education for our pharmacists.
- Focus on professional services with ongoing implementation of new services.
- Ability to have input and drive change within the business and industry.
Excellent support network across our 4 local pharmacies with a combined team of over 50 members including 8 Pharmacists and backed by a wider national network. Career support and progression is fostered amongst our local stores and extended group. We operate in a highly collaborative environment involving all members of our team from junior assistants to managing pharmacists.
Emerald is a regional centre based in the Central Highlands QLD. With a population of approximately 14000 and a catchment base for the Central Highlands district, you won't have a shortage of things to do or places to see. We are located approximately 3 hours west of Rockhampton and 10 hours northwest of Brisbane. Our major industries are agriculture and mining and our demographic is primarily comprised of young families. The town has 6 primary schools and 3 high schools and is very community focused with ongoing community events and functions throughout the year.
There is a vast array of sporting and social clubs to join. Key features of the district are the Sapphire Gemfields where you might strike it rich and Lake Marraboon, which offers boating, skiing, fishing and swimming. Emerald is in close proximity to Carnarvon George and Blackdown Tablelands National Parks. With an unemployment rate of just 2.5%, less than half the national average (5.8%), career prospects for spouses and partners are available across a variety of industries.
We have great support from our local PHN and CQ Rural health teams allowing a collaborative environment between local health professionals and provision of excellent training and professional development courses. The local community holds our pharmacists in high regard. Our Pharmacists enjoy the professional challenge of rural pharmacy and find it extremely rewarding and exciting. If you've ever considered practicing in a rural environment this position is one you won't regret.
Who are we looking for?
Our focus is to provide customers with excellent health care and service. We are looking for a pharmacist keen to develop both retail and professional service aspects of our business working alongside the pharmacy owner. The successful candidate will have the ability to multitask between providing exceptional patient centred services, and the direction of the team to ensure our vision is fulfilled. Input towards strategic direction and setting of key performance indicators and financial targets for the business will be required with guidance from the pharmacy owner. Management of HR, business performance and delivery of clinical services is required.
Store opening hours Mon-Fri 8.30-6 Sat & Sun 9-4 Shared roster 38 hours per week to cover opening hours of business
Qualifications and Experience:
What we need from you!
- A passion for health, wellbeing and development for yourself and those around you
- A curiosity for innovation and change to provide best practice whole health solutions for our community
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- An outgoing personality
- A dedicated work ethic.
- A willingness to undertake ongoing training and personal development throughout the course of employment.
- Exceptional patient focused practice as a pharmacist
- Ability to work constructively in a large team environment
- Proactive approach to work and the business.
- Motivation and drive for career progression and personal development
- Demonstrated experience in pharmacy management
- An interest in professional services including but not limited to Meds Checks, Asthma management, COPD Screening, Immunisation, Pharmacogenomics, Sleep Apnoea, Mental Health, Sexual health.
- FRED dispense and POS works are currently used in these stores, previous experience with this software is advantageous, but not essential.
- Bachelor or Master of Pharmacy qualification
- Current pharmacy board registration with AHPRA
Please apply via the 'Apply Now' button on this page.
Following successful placement, eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives. This position may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development.