KEEP IN TOUCH
07 3105 7800
Level 4, 348 Edward Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
NURSE PRACTITIONER/CLIENT CARE MANAGER
This dynamic, innovative role is located in idyllic Tropical North Queensland, the only place on Earth where two World Heritage areas meet, The Great Barrier Reef and The Daintree Rainforest which is the oldest living rainforest on the Planet. The region boasts an enviable lifestyle surrounding these two stunning natural features which in turn supports a tourism industry that sees almost 3 million visitors each year. With the cosmopolitan city of Cairns as its hub and an airport with direct flights to 7 international cities as well as significant connectivity to capital cities in Australia, Cairns is among the fastest growing regional cities in Australia.
The Cairns COUCH Cancer Wellness Centre is a newly constructed $3million health and social services facility which provides integrated, co-ordinated nursing, allied health and evidence-based therapies to people living with a diagnosis of cancer. As a 'for-purpose' charity, focus is on equitable care; with members enjoying access to bulk-billed services and low cost life-style supports which assist with maintaining quality of life during all stages of a cancer diagnosis.
We are seeking applications from Nurse Practitioners, specifically with primary health and/or oncology experience to lead, mentor and contribute towards this integrated nurse-led model of care. In conjunction with hands-on co-ordinated care as a Nurse Practitioner, this position will also be responsible for the operations of the client care team. You will be required to work collaboratively with external primary and acute care clinicians, participate in a range of community outreach projects contribute towards academic research and establish sustainable relationships with key health and social sector stakeholders.
Key Performance Criteria
You will provide person-centred flexible care which compliments a multi-disciplinary approach and
includes life-style support services for holistic management of care for people diagnosed with cancer. The role will encompass, but not be limited to:
* Leadership and management of the client care team, including nurses, allied health and therapists.
* Providing advanced clinical skills and assessment/intervention and consultation to clients for management of oncology needs and cancer as a chronic illness.
* Developing a 'shared care' partnership with GPs, contributing to care plans and working collaboratively with GPs, Cancer Care Co-ordinators and specialist consultants to co-manage care recipients.
As a current unrestricted registered nurse, with endorsement as a Nurse Practitioner, you will be a leader in healthcare with your beliefs and actions innately aligning to the organisation's values.
* Demonstrated competence in leading and managing a client care team to deliver person
centered multi-disciplinary services, including client safety.
* Demonstrated excellence in clinical care relevant to chronic diseases, specifically oncology
and/or relevant experience in a primary health care setting.
* Commitment to quality improvement, evidence-based practice and ability to influence
* Exceptional communicator, with empathy, respect and compassion.
* High level of emotional maturity and intelligence.
* Ability to use judgement, initiative and common sense when performing duties.
* Strong organisational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
COUCH Wellness Centre Values
We value authenticity which fosters feedback and openness to provide informed choice
We value our relationships and believe in accountability and doing what is right
We value others' perspectives, without judgement to benefit mutual learnings
We value the strength of shared goals and the power of meaningful contribution
We value the development of confidence to grow the capacity of the community
COUCH is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability are encouraged to apply. If you require assistance, please advise the contact person at the time of your application.
To apply, please submit your resume with a cover letter demonstrating your professional and personal alignment to the COUCH Wellness Centre values, incorporate why you would like to be involved with this new initiative for the Tropical North Queensland region and provide examples of your ability to meet the key performance criteria of this position. Please include two current professional referees to contact.
Enquires and submissions to:
Mrs Kelli Beardsmore
General Manager - COUCH Wellness Centre
Reference NHWQ 2289