KEEP IN TOUCH
07 3105 7800
Level 4, 348 Edward Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
Moranbah Qld, The town was named after a property owned by Andrew Scott. Scott had named the property "Moranbah" but he did not record where he got the name.
Moranbah is a thriving modern town which was constructed as a single purpose mining settlement by the Utah Development Company in 1970. By 2011 it had a population of nearly 9,000. Today it is a thriving and prosperous town in the heart of Queensland's coal mining country. The town is large enough to sustain a community of permanent miners as well as large numbers of fly-in, fly-out miners who arrive at the local airport and work at the many mines around town.
Moranbah is located 1019 km north-west of Brisbane and 195 km south-west of Mackay. It is 225 m above sea-level.
A number of local attractions keep the local community busy.
The practice is a private paediatric occupational therapy practice currently servicing rural communities in Queensland. Currently our clinic is based in Bowen and Moranbah and emerging outreach services. We have a dynamic, energetic and supportive team that is passionate about providing meaningful occupational therapy services to the children and families in our communities.
Our service encourages playfulness, independence, confidence and meaningful connections. We aim to help each child find more meaning and joy in their day-to-day activities as they develop greater independence.
Hours are flexible between Monday - Friday.
Job benefits and perks
* Job satisfaction - you will get the opportunity to facilitate change in the lives of the children and their families you work with.
* Full time employment opportunity, however, we support work/life balance so flexible and part-time options can be negotiated for the right applicant. (OT4You supports occupational therapy mother's returning to work).
* Supported by an enthusiastic, supportive and skilled team.
* Regular supervision and mentoring
* Supported professional development
* One - two-year fixed term contract with the opportunity to renegotiate employment at the end of the term.
* Clinic facility equipped with a wide range of therapy tools, equipment and assessments.
* Uniforms provided.
* Onsite and offsite administration and therapy assistant support
After Hours requirements:
No weekend or after hours work requirement.
Job tasks and responsibilities
To provide efficient and effective Occupational Therapy intervention for children and their families in Moranbah and surrounding communities.
Provide a high-quality Occupational Therapy service to OT4You participants (both NDIS and private). This includes:
Effectively manage and provide OT intervention for children with a variety of needs and their associated stakeholders e.g. family, school staff, other service providers.
Assessment, interpretation of data, report writing, documentation, periodic re-evaluation, and collaborative consultation with parents and other stakeholders
Comply with the OT4You policies and procedures.
Be creative and develop meaningful connections with all involved in OT4You services.
Skills and experience Required - Paediatric Occupational Therapist (OT)
A degree in Occupational Therapy.
Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Agency as an Occupational Therapist.
Hold a current driver's license.
Hold, or ability to acquire before commencement membership to Occupational Therapy Australia
Hold, or ability to acquire before commencement, Professional Indemnity and Malpractice Insurance.
Ability to work independently, manage own time to achieve deadlines and work as an effective team member.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with parents, professionals, other stakeholders and team members, both verbally and in writing.
Ability to identify own learning needs, strengths and limitations and seek out appropriate tools and resources to improve own skills and competencies as required.
Desirable Selection Criteria
* At least 12months experience as an Occupational Therapist working with children, young people and/or families and teachers.
Position description is available. Application must include your resume and cover letter.
Please apply via the 'Apply Now' button on this page.
Reference - 10002570