This practice opened its doors in January 2016 with a vision to provide quality care in a rural family practice setting. They have grown to over 21,000 patients since opening and continue to grow. The practice service patients from a wide geographic area and demographic including Longreach, Rolleston, Moranbah, Springsure, Alpha, Blackwater, Clermont, Blackall, Barcaldine, Capella, and the Gem Fields. The patients value the care we provide because we live by the principles we advertise.
They opened their second clinic Emerald Surgery in February 2020 are wanting to recruit Registered Nurse. This practice is currently open
Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5.30pm
Saturday 8.00am to 1.00pm
Sunday 10am to 1.00pm
This practice is a high-end General Practice with a strong focus on quality and patient centered care. This practice operates a high nursing staff to doctor ratio (currently three to one) to ensure they maintain attention to detail and deliver exceptional care. The practice is additionally supported by admin staff, with full time IT support. This practice is a modern, newly refurbished, fully computerised practice with online booking facility. The facility comprises of multiple procedure rooms, consulting rooms, nursing bay, reception and waiting room in both location
The founding Practice Principal is a FRACGP with 8 years of rural general practice experience with a special interest in skin cancer medicine and surgery. The practice currently has five full time equivalent GP's. The practice undertakes skin checks using advanced digital dermoscopy and removes skin cancers using simple closures to advanced skin grafts and flap procedures. They have introduced day light and conventional PDT therapy as anew service to the Central Highlands.
About Emerald, Queensland
Emerald is located in Central Queensland with a population base of about 35,000 including surrounding townships. The town is one hour by flight from Brisbane and is well serviced by Qantas & Virgin Airways. It is three hours drive east to Rockhampton and four hours drive west to Longreach. Emerald has three large shopping Centre's and lots of restaurants including Italian, Chinese, Indian, various fine dining restaurants and other cafes and eateries. There are six primary schools and three high schools. There is a large presence of sporting associations including Netball, Touch Football, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Roller Derby, Tennis, Squash, and plenty more. There are at least four very well-equipped gyms in town.
We are seeking Registered Nurses that hold AHPRA registration. Accommodation, car allowance negotiable depending on commitment to the practice and commitment.
The successful applicant will need to be able to work as part of a team and on their own. RN will need to be able to take direction and work in a fast-paced environment. You will need to be able to think quickly on your feet and support Doctors and your co-workers.
Salary is AU $58,000 - AU $80,000 per annum + superannuation (based on experience and supervision requirements)
After Hours Requirements: Maybe required to assist the doctor after hours.
Skills and Experience:
- The practice Nurse will need to be proficient in the following:
- Good Knowledge of Immunisation/ Catch up vaccination
- Wound Care
- Care Plans
- Health Assessments
- Ear Syringing
- BP Software experience is essential
- Friendly - Professional - Empathic - Courteous Manner
- Ability to work under instruction * Ability to work harmoniously as part of a team and independently without supervision
- Minimum of 12 month General practice experience preferred.
- Provide good clinical medical care
- Documenting all care provided and education/information given to patients within their health record, as per clinics procedure
- Maintaining a current resuscitation certificate.
- Providing services courteously and respectfully, with regard to the cultural beliefs and needs of patients Work collaboratively with colleagues and other members of the health care team
- Support the values of the organisation.
- Bachelor in Nursing
- RN must hold General Registration with AHPRA. Must have at least 3 years of Australian GP experience
- Australian work rights preferred
- Nursing - 1 year (Preferred)
Please apply via the 'Apply Now' button on this page.
Following successful placement, eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives. This position may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development.