KEEP IN TOUCH
07 3105 7800
Level 4, 348 Edward Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
Speech Pathologist Position
Here are some great things about living in Mackay:
Why work with us?
* You want to be part of a supportive and fun team that treat each other like family.
* You want to provide the best holistic and client-centred care to your clients without all the red tape.
* You want to be supported to grow and progress to be the best therapist you can be. Or you want to be supported to continue your growth and be a Senior Speech Pathologist or open a SpeechEase clinic of your own.
* You want flexible working hours that meet your personal and family needs.
* Above award wage with bonuses
* Flexible working hours - Want to have a long weekend every weekend or every second weekend? Let's do it!
* Regular supervision - Weekly group supervision and weekly individual mentoring to ensure you grow both as a person and a professional.
* Regular planning days:
o Quarterly planning days where the whole team get together to talk about how we can better support our clients.
o Quarterly clinical training days where members of the clinical team provide in-depth in-services based on training that has been attended.
* Structured 2 year internship program to ensure you are confident and comfortable working with a complex and varied caseload. This includes paid registration at the following courses (if you haven't already attended):
o Introduction to PODD & Alternate Access
o SOS Approach to Feeding
o Hanen More Than Words
o Introduction to Auslan
o Introduction to PROMPT
* Exciting pathways to continue your professional growth and development after completing your internship with us:
o High Income Earner - Be the best therapist you can be and be rewarded for that financially.
o Clinical Leader - Learn the skills to be a Senior Speech Pathologist and provide supervision and mentoring.
o Operations Leader - Learn the skills to manage a clinic from business to marketing to finances.
o Partnership - Operate, lead and share in the profits of your own SpeechEase clinic.
o Side Hustle - Do that extra thing you've always dreamt of, create a resource, become a certified presenter in a technique, complete further study.
We are a team of fun, bubbly and supportive individuals with a desire to help those with speech and language challenges to be known for who they are, to have a voice and to show the world that they have something to say worth listening to. We work with both children and adults within all domains of Speech Pathology, in a fun fast-paced environment as a close-knit team.
About the Role:
We are recruiting for enthusiastic, fun and committed Speech Pathologists to join our team in Mackay on a full-time basis.
You will be providing assessment and therapy for people of all ages who have communication and swallowing difficulties due to developmental disability, acquired disability, degenerative neurological onditions and/or learning difficulties.
Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor of Speech Pathology (or equivalent) - New graduates are welcome and encouraged to apply - you will be joining a team that will completely support you to meet the needs of our clients.
* Registered as a CPSP member of Speech Pathology Australia
* The ability to pass a Working with Children's Check
* Demonstrated ability to learn to work independently and within a multidisciplinary team to assist children and adults with complex communication and swallowing needs including:
* Possession of a C class driver's licence and own vehicle for home and community-based sessions.
* Be driven, flexible, enthusiastic, evidence-based, willing to learn and able to have fun!
How to Apply:
Please attach your resume and cover letter outlining why you are the most suitable applicant to join our team when applying.
Please apply today for further information on this position
Reference: AHHWQ 10002485
Following successful placement eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention