About the Role:
Bidgerdii Community Health Service is currently seeking expressions of interest from General Practitioners for an immediate start. The position will be 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, and will be remunerated attractively.
There are two roles available, one in Rockhampton at our Bolsover Street Practice and one at our Mount Morgan Practice. These roles will be primarily based at each of the locations, but you may be required to travel to other Bidgerdii work sites, if necessary.
The objective of these positions is to provide medical skills and expertise in the delivery of culturally competent comprehensive primary health care services as a member of the multidisciplinary team, in line with the approved service model and in response to the needs of the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
The position is responsible for demonstrating leadership in clinical quality, safety and fostering a culture of organisational reflection and continuous quality improvement.
What is on offer:
In return you will be:
- A competitive salary package + super + salary sacrifice + assistance with professional development needs + relocation assistance.
- Contractor arrangements are also available, with an attractive shared Medicare percentage.
- Excellent working conditions with up-to-date technology.
- Bidgerdii's GP Clinics are supported by a variety of experienced personnel.
- A well-balanced lifestyle and working environment. Hours will be Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm.
- Our Mt Morgan location is classified under the District Workforce Shortage (DWS) program.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Providing best practice comprehensive primary health care
- Optimising uptake and income generation across the service through MBS billings
- Providing leadership in the safety and quality of clinical services delivered by the health team
- Working in a multidisciplinary team environment with access to visiting allied health and specialist service
Additional Essential Factors:
- Qualification evidence as a Medical Practitioner
- MBBS, unconditional registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- Eligible to obtain a provider number at the required clinic location/s (Bolsover Street, Rockhampton and Mount Morgan)
- Understanding (or ability to develop understanding) and commitment to the concept, philosophy and practice of Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations
- Working knowledge of health issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and a strong commitment to improving health outcomes
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated skills in providing clinical leadership in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Skills and experience in clinical teaching and health professional development
- Computer skills - able to work effectively with electronic client record systems, primarily Communicare.
- Possession of a current 'C' Class Driver's Licence valid in Queensland is required.
- Must be able to obtain a Satisfactory Police Criminal History Check.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate, or willingness to obtain in accordance with RACGP requirements.
- Current Advanced Life Support certificate, or willingness to obtain in accordance with RACGP requirements.
- Complete the minimum number of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, as required by the Medical Board.
Please apply via the 'Apply Now' button on this page.
Following successful placement, eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives. This position may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development.