KEEP IN TOUCH
07 3105 7800
Level 4, 348 Edward Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
Bowen is a seaside country town with 7 beaches, great outdoors lifestyle and is situated at the top of the Whitsundays, just 45 mins from Airlie Beach and Proserpine. We are located 2 hours from Townsville to the north and Mackay to the South. It has sailing, snorkelling/diving and fishing on the Great Barrier Reef, a nine-hole golf course along the beachfront, as well as many recreational activities available in the community such as cycling, bushwalking, fossicking, arts and crafts and most sports. Bowen is a very friendly town, with aspirations to become the festival capital of Australia and you will easily settle into the community. The lifestyle is very low stress and laid back.
This is a private medical practice owned by the Girudala Community Co-Operative Society (www.girudala.com.au) which is a local indigenous community organization that also runs a housing co-operative and many health, family support and employment projects. The centre will run as a mixed fee for service and bulk billing practice with a focus on preventative health care and management of chronic illness. It has been operating from July 2010 and is open to the whole community.
The Centre has 2 consulting rooms, a procedure room, tea room and 2 areas for visiting allied health specialists on the main street on Bowen. On staff are a 1 Locum General Practitioner, Registered Nurse, Enrolled Nurse, Trainee Indigenous Health Worker, Practice Manager and a Receptionist. The centre is situated in a duplex setting with a private dental practice as a neighbour.
After Hours requirements:
The successful applicants will be seeing some Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander clients, utilising the Close the Gap Initiative for Indigenous Health including the Practice Incentive Program (PIP) and PBS Co-Payment Scheme. We would like our staff to be community minded and support the community not for profit sector. We would also like staff to possess a healthy appreciation of and commit to utilise chronic disease prevention and management community health programs on offer in community.
- Mixed Billing Practice
- Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday between 8.00am and 5pm, Lunch 12:30 - 1:30
- Thursday & Friday between 7:00am and 3pm, Lunch 11:15 - 12:15
- 1.5 to 2 years contract minimum
- We use Medical Director and Pracsoft 3.17.3 at our practice. We would prefer that the doctor to be familiar with this computer software.
- We are not an AMS, but we do focus on Indigenous Health. We would like the doctor to be familiar or willing to learn and perform ATSI Health Check, Health Checks and Care Plans
- The General Practitioner will be expected to perform cervical smears
- The General Practitioner will need General Registration as we cannot provide supervision.
Please apply via the 'Apply Now' button on this page.
Following successful placement, eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives. This position may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development.